For Pregnancy & Beyond
We believe that pregnancy is one of the most important times in a woman's life. As a member of the Monterey County Birth Network, our mission is to not only be a place for women to come and practice prenatal yoga, but to also be a resource within the birthing community and offer group support.
In addition to meditation, breathing practices, and movement through yoga postures to support pregnancy; each class will cover a variety of topics such as birth preparation, anatomy/physiology of pregnancy, family, parenting, culture & related topics, health & self care, and baby & postpartum care. The prenatal classes are also a wonderful opportunity to connect with other women and we welcome you to return to class after baby is born, to
share your birth story.
Pregnancy is a transitional time in the life of your family, both physically and mentally. At no other time in your life are there so many opportunities to grow along with the change. In joining our prenatal yoga class, not only will you feel better physically benefiting the health of you and your baby, but you will begin to prepare mentally for labor, birth, and motherhood.
In prenatal yoga you can:
- Increase your body's strength, endurance, and flexibilty
- Experience clarity of mind and self-confidence
- Decrease back pain, S.I. joint pain, sciatica, swelling of the ankles and feet, constipation varicose veins and nausea
- Strengthen the muscles of the low back, hips, and pelvic floor
- Improve circulation and aid digestion
- Prepare physically and mentally for the challenges of labor and birth
- Make lasting connections with other expectant moms
- Meet professionals in the larger birthing community - guest speakers in class
- "Seaside Yoga Sanctuary's prenatal yoga classes are a dream come true if you are expecting. The studio is comfortable, the women in the class were friendly and the instructor was supremely supportive. Carrie provides valuable information for the pregnant woman and encourages you to feel empowered. Don't miss this class!" ~Lindsay Dreibelbis
Pacific Grove Studio
PostNatal Yoga! 2nd Sundays of every month in Pacific Grove, 12:30-1:45pm
Feb 12th, March 12th, April 9th